Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm a big boy now!

My cute little guy is almost potty trained!  We have been potty training for about 2 weeks now.  For the longest time he has wanted nothing to do with it.  Then one morning he told me he wanted to wear underwear.  I though the would wear them for 5 minutes and then want them off like he usually does.  But nope, he kept them on.  then I expected him to pee in them right away....which he did.  He still wanted to wear underwear so I put a new pair on and then we got him to go on the potty.  It took a few tries before he figured out how to make himself go, but once he did, he was good to go!  Now he is telling us when he has to go or even going in on his own.  But each time he goes he makes sure to tell us to come and look.  he is staying dry through his naps and even at night!   We are still working on getting him to go #2 in the potty.  He's gone a few times, but it seems like each time he needs to go is when we're somewhere other than at home or near a potty.  I know that one will take a bit longer.  I am so proud of how good he is doing!  I was fully expecting him to not want anything to to do with it until after he was 3.  He's growing up way too fast!  I sure love my little Bubba =)

No comments: