Sunday, October 23, 2011

Harvest Moon Festival

In case you couldn't tell, I've been a slacker and now I've been playing catch up on my posts.  At the end of September we went to the Harvest Moon Festival on 25th Street in Ogden.  They had lots of vendors, a farmer's market and kids activities.
We did this last year and the kids loved it.  they got to make their own pumpkin bread bowl.  Brenna loved it so much last year that the next day me and her made our own pumpkin bread bowls and that got me started on my bread bowls, which I love to make with soups.

Some good, clean fun!  They ahd a big pool filled with bubbles!  There was a bubble machine that kept the supply of bubbles going.  The kids would have spent all day playing here if I would have let them.

They were covered head to to....I guess they didn't need a bath that night. =)


There were free pumpkins for the kids to decorate.   They did such a good job.  Too bad that the pumpkins got mushy the next week....and then Sasha got a hold of them.  Come to find out, our dog likes to eat pumpkins.  I won't be surprise if we have a few random pumpkin plants growing around from the mess she made of the seeds.


The kids remembered the train ride from last year so of course they went again this year.  Brenna even ran into Eleanor, her best friend from the townhouses we used to live in (her family actually moved into our townhouse after we moved too).  
Ian and Daddy got to ride the train.  He won't admit it, but I'm sure Jason had fun riding with his little mini-me.

It was fun to go this year.  The kids liked all the activities.  There were a ton!  The best part of all.....it was FREE!!! (remember, I'm cheap and all about free stuff!)

1 comment:

The Hodsons said...

Looks like a blast. We were going to go...long story short, it didn't happen. I love that Ogden is starting new traditions like this.