Sunday, October 16, 2011

Help! We're lost!!

We went to the Coldwater Trout Farm on Saturday.  They had a kiddie corn maze and at the end you got to pick your own pumpkin.  It was fun to walk around and get "lost."  Both kids took a turn trying to lead us out......they didn't do a good job because we were stuck in there for about 45 minutes.  Jason claimed he knew the way out all along and just wanted to let the kids wander more but I think he's just trying to cover up the fact that he was lost too.

This is Brenna leading the way.

of course Ian had to be like Daddy and walked with him the whole time.

He loved the spider webs.  Whenever we came across a web that didn't have a spider he would look for one and would call "spider! Where are you?"

My brave boy touching a "big huge spider!"  He said afterwards, "It was so cute and fuzzy."

Oops....another dead end...photo op!

Me and my favorite little guy.  He's still the spit image of daddy and doesn't look like mommy.

Me and my sweet (most the time) girl.  I think she might look a little bit like me....but that may just be wishful thinking....

Isn't she such a poser?

Getting lost in the corn.  After we had been lost for 45 minutes Brenna started getting a little whiny and was afraid we would never get out.  Ian didn't care, he thought it was like walking through a forest.  Maybe one year we can take the kids to a haunted corn maze....yeah right...Brenna gets scared of the Halloween isle at the store.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the pumpkins.  I was under the impression that they would be big pumpkins.  They said that adults were free but if we wanted a pumpkin we would have to pay.  I wanted one so I paid extra.  Then we get to the end and they were mini pumpkins.  I asked if I could get a refund on me, since adults didn't have to pay, and they wouldn't.  Oh well.  It was still fun...I guess I can think of it as me and Jason got in for $2 each.  Next weekend we are going to to go the Punkinaze.  We went last year so I'm excited =)

1 comment:

The Hodsons said...

Cute pictures for a fun day!!