Friday, July 2, 2010

A little "me" time

In most my posts I'm usually blogging about my kids, but this time I'm not.  I'm going to take a little time to myself. =)  Lately I've been trying to do things to improve myself.  After I had Brenna I could never lose the last bit of baby weight.  I finally started losing a little by doing Weight Watchers and then I got pregnant with Ian.  I did pretty good at not gaining weight till the last 3 months and then it piled on.  The first little bit of weight cam off and then I hit a plateau.  I started doing Weight Watchers again and trying to exercise more and after a few months of work it started coming off.  Yay!  I finally got down the to weight I was before I had Ian.  Then I kept losing more of the weight and before I knew it I was the same size as I was when I got married.  This wasn't a quick process.  It's taken about a year and half to get to this point.  Now I'm at about what I was in high school.  Yay!!  Now that I am comfortable at my weight (most days) I want to start toning a bit and getting in better shape.  I've started running in the mornings.  I am not a morning person so waking up at 6am and trying to have energy is a toughy.  I have got myself up to jogging 2 miles around the track at the high school near us.  I have never been able to do that before.  The only time I ran was in high school and that was when they made us run the mile and I usually walked most of it.  I am hopefully going to try and do a 5k in October with one of my friends.  That's just 3 miles so hopefully I can get myself in shape enough to not die while doing it. =)
I have to admit, most my life I have struggled with self-image and self-esteem.  I'm pretty sure this will be a life long struggle, at least until I'm an ornery old lady that doesn't care what people think anymore =).  I am glad that I have overcome a slight hurdle in this struggle.  I love my kids....but like most moms don't like what they do to your body.  Luckily I didn't get tons of stretch marks and don't have loose skin (you moms know what I'm talking about).  I hope I can keep this up and keep myself healthy.  Sorry this was kind of all about me, but sometimes you just have to get it out of your system.

5 comments:

Kai and Kimberlee said...

Way to go Trinity!!! You deserve to feel good! I'm going through a phase right now of trying to lose weight and I haven't even had kids to show the weight gain!!! I can't wait to feel good though one day! I'm glad you take time for yourself and update about you! I love hearing how my friends are doing!!!

Megan said...

Good for you. I always tell myself 'a couple more pounds and then I will be happy' but I never am. So then I got for a 'couple' more. Man. Being a girl is lame. lol. So three cheers to you for doing it, and doing it the right way, feeling great and owning it! As for toning, I love weights, but if you are short on time and want something effective you should check out the 30 Day Shred. I am sure you have heard of it before, but I have had it for a few years now and LOVE it and all her other videos as well.

On a side note, we made it to the parade, but never went over to the park afterword. It would have been awesome to run into you though! We need to plan a play date or something one of these days.

Laura said...

Way to go!!! I am so happy for you. This might sound silly but I always thought that a 5k was more than 3 miles... hmmm maybe I should have payed attention better in math class when they were talking about converstion rates?? ooops oh well. 3 mile will be easy peesy for you at the rate you are going! I am so proud of you. I have to say that the second I hit my pre-prego weight I got pregnat with Kenna and then this time around I was skinner than I was in high school. YAY.. But like you said you love those kiddos but I hate what they do to our bodies. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I can get back to where I was. (**wink***wink) Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

So there is nothing wrong about you, talking about you! I think you are quite fascinating. I thought you looked awesome at Ambers house, and of course I have always thought you were great for my Jason. I Love you Aunt KayLyn

Christina said...

So, I'm a little behind my blog readings, but CONGRATS!!! That is HUGE! Girl- you can do a 5k, easy!!! And just for the record- I always thought you were gorgeous!!!!!