Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Splish Splash!

I haven recently discovered the splash pad in South Ogden.  It is right behind the Ogden Athletic Club.  I am loving this place!!  Not only is it FREE but the kids love it too!  They can run around and play and I don't have to worry about them drowning if I am not right next to them.  Luckily, it hasn't been too crowded when we've gone, which has been nice. 
I love how the water shoots up  so you don't have to get completely soaked to cool off.  Ian wasn't quite sure yet what to think about everything when we first took him.

Of course it didn't take them long to find something to fight over =)


Brenna loved the squirt guns and was always trying to squirt me, but I learned the trick....if you stand behind it, and she turns it around, it won't shoot water out. hehe.  Brenna couldn't get enough of playing here.  She would spend hours playing in the water.


Ian loved the water shooting out and would stand on it.  Every so often the water would shut off and Ian would get worried and ask where the water was and then when it came back on he would get all excited.  Silly boy!  The first time we went he didn't really want to play much except with this part.

Then he discovered the one that sprays the water out kinda like a fountain.  He loved putting his hand over the water coming out.  By the time we were winding down, he was winding up and was having so much fun "splash, splash"ing.  Every time he would come by me he would look at the splash pad, say "splash, splash" and wait for me to tell him yes he could and then he was off again!  We finally had to call it quits when he decided to leave me a present in his diaper and I didn't have wipes.




We took my niece and nephew with us and off course they have to show my kids how brothers and sisters are supposed to act at any place where there is water: wrestle until you get whoever doesn't want to get wet, wet.  Love those kids!  They were such a big help playing with Brenna and Ian.
Of course the perfect ending to an afternoon spent playing in the water is: ICE CREAM!!!  We stopped over at Arctic Circle (of course the one I used to work at because I was such a cool kid in high school and worked at a fast food place (who didn't?) ).  I love their ice cream!!  Especially their root beer or blackberry flavors (which unfortunately they didn't have those flavors that day).  I am excited to be able to have a fun place to take the kids to go play in the water and that is very friendly on the wallet =)  If you're ever in the mood and want to go, just let me know!  The more, the merrier!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Love splash pads. Anna, however, thinks water spraying in her face is not so fun. Luckily the one by us has a little man made stream with rocks to climb, which she is all about.