Saturday, May 22, 2010

Brenna's party

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENNA!!!!
We had Brenna's birthday party today.  It was a blast!!  There were a lot of kids here.  I think just about everyone Brenna invited came, only one little girl didn't and that's because she got sick.  Brenna had a ton of fun and was so excited to see all her friends.

When the kids got here I had them all decorate their own crowns, since it was a princess party.  I did the crowns so that they could be for both boys and girls, since we had both princesses and princes in attendance.  They got to decorate them all by themselves and there were some pretty fancy crowns.  They all did a good job!
Here's a picture of some of them sporting their new crowns.  Don't they look wonderful!!
After they made their crowns we played a game where they popped balloons by jumping or sitting on them to see if they got a prize (of course someone rigged the game so every kids got some sort of a prize) and one lucky kid got the big prize.  My friend Ann Marie's little boy Jordan got the prize.  I wish I would have taken pictures of them popping the balloons.  It was way too cute!

Next we played pin the jewel on the crown.  I drew up a crown and then I let Brenna decorate it however she wanted.  I think she got tired of coloring it all in and then started drawing little pictures on it.  But I love it!  I would wear that crown any day!  I spun the kids around in circles and made them close their eyes.  They did so good at keeping their eyes closed.  Brenna's friend Sierra actually stuck the diamond right smack in the middle.
Next was Brenna's favorite part.  Present time!!!  She got lots of awesome presents from all her friends.  She was a very spoiled little girl.  She got a doll, some games, some movies, pixos, crayola color stuff, some clothes and from my second mom Debi a cake decorating set.  We're excited to try that one out!  She got a Didj game and a Tinkerbell game to go with it.  I'm excited for her to play it so she can learn lots and I can see how much she learns.  She also got a Vsmile Pocket so she made out good with video games.
I made Brenna's cake, like I usually do.  I did a crown shaped cupcake cake.  Now I am not the most artistic decorator but I think it turned out pretty good.  I was just glad you could tell it was crown.
She tried to blow out her candles but didn't get them all so her friends helped her blow them out. 

She had a very happy birthday party!!  Thank you to all my friends and Brenna's friends  and family who helped celebrate this special day with her.  It's not everyday that my little girl turns 5. 

1 comment:

The Hodsons said...

Cute ideas!! And I think the cake turned out wonderfuly!