Sunday, June 12, 2011

Brenna's Pirate Party =)

When I asked Brenna what kind of party she wanted, she said a pirate bbq.  Sure, why not?  but do you know how hard it is to find girl pirate decorations?  I found 1.  The rest I had to improvise, and i wish I would have taken pictures but I forgot.  But I think her cake came out not too shabby.

Have I mentioned before that I am not a cake decorator?  (one of the teeth is bigger and looks funky.....) But It tasted really good!


These were the cupcakes to share. It was supposed to be a heart on them....some turned out. But the coolest thing about these....

I loved how fun these were on the inside!  Tie-dye =)

 
This is my cute girl the day of her party. 

We played "pin the eye patch on the pirate."

Earlier in the week I ran into a pirate and he told me he had some treasure he would hide and he left some clues. The kids had a lot of fun figuring out the clues and running place to place for them. The treasure was a box I had made for Brenna, and it was filled with candy and play money for them all to share.


This was them running to find another clue.

Such a great group of kids!!  They were all so much fun and were all so good!  I think we had at least 15 there =)

Brenna trying to blow out the candles.  It was kinda breezy so she didn't get to really blow them out because as soon as we lit them, the blew out.  Oh well, she still loved her pirate cake!



 She was excited to open presents.  She got some pretty good stuff this year.

Here is one of the only shots of Ian.  He decided to take a nap right before the party started and missed most of the fun.  There were still a few kids around when he woke up so he got to have fun too. 

3 comments:

Tiffanee said...

What a super fun party!! I love the tye dye cupcakes!!

Megan said...

So fun! Looks like the party was a success to me.

The Hodsons said...

Everything turned out really cute!! Good ideas and darling cake!