Monday, August 30, 2010

When did she decide she could grow up?!

So today I had to deal with that day that every mom has to go through.  I had to finally admit that my little girl isn't so little anymore. *sniff, sniff*  
(I love this picture of me and her!!!)

Brenna started kindergarten today!!  She was soooooo excited!  She usually sleeps in until around 7:30 ish, but today she was up at 6:30am wanting to get dressed and ready for school.  I didn't even have to fight with her to eat all her breakfast this morning.

Of course I did the mom thing and had to take a ton of pictures of her.  Isn't she the cutest thing ever?!  I finally gave in and got her some skinny jeans, and now I'm wishing I would have got her more than one pair because they look so stinkin' cute on her!
She loves her backpack.  It is purple, of course, and and has hearts and skeletons =)



We walked to school (have I mentioned that I love living in walking distance of her school?) and took her to her class. 

 Jason didn't have to work this morning so he got to come too, but I don't think he got as hung up on everything as me.  

Once we got there, Brenna immediately made a friend.  I think it was a little girl she met at the Mother-Daughter night this past weekend because the girl came right up to Brenna and said "Hi, Brenda." (she gets called Brenda  a lot, kinda annoying but she'll learn to deal with it).  It looks like she is off to a good start with making friends.  The little girl in green was the one who said hi to her and when we left they were sitting next to each other on the floor cor circle time.  I was kinda bummed that she wouldn't have her friend Eleanor in her class, but Natalie (her mom) and I have realized it is a good thing because the girls will either be talking the whole time or trying to tell the other what to do.  This will keep them friends longer. =)

Of course, Ian didn't want to be left out of the fun.  He saw the little chairs and immediately wanted to sit in them and join in.  If only.....then maybe I could get caught up on my scrapbook....or I would just spend that much more time on facebook.....

My little girl is just growing up so fast.  I can't believe she's in school already!  I'm sure I'm not the only mom going through denial that they are old enough to have a kid in school.  I'm so excited for Brenna to start.  She will learn so much and have so much fun.  This will be a very good experience for her.  I'm just glad it's only half a day so I still get the rest of the day her =)  Plus, this will give me time in the mornings to hang out with my other little monster and he can get some one-on-one mommy time =)

No comments: