Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reminiscing

I decided to transfer all the pictures I have onto one computer...they are currently on 3, maybe 4 since I think my mom may have some too.  As I was going through them I started remembering back when my Brenna Kay was a lot younger.  Such a cute little baby!!!

One of the few pictures I have with her, and that is because I took it myself.

\
I loved her little pigtails!!  She either looked like a bug or this was the beginning of her little horns =)
This was her first Halloween.  She was Baby Pebbles.

Such a little poser!!

I think I almost have the same picture of Ian.  This is her first time eating baby food.  It was carrots.  Yum!!!

I think both of my kids have had a fascination with climbing in the fridge.


Her favorite play spot was in the sink.  I would put her there while I got ready and would be happy as a clam!

Look at those rolls!!!


I guess she was hungry.......


Now that's why Ian's mischievous look is so familiar!!  This was right before she took all the DVD's off the shelf.

No I did not shove her face in the cake!  I turned around and when I turned back she was face down and munching away!!  That's how it's done for a first birthday!!!


My little girl was such a cutie!  She was full of spunk from day one...and I think she's only gotten more (as I'm doing this she is throwing a fit because I told her she had to take a nap in her room, not on the couch)
As big of a pain as she can be at times, and I am definitely not looking forward to the teenage years with her, I love her with all my heart!  She is my little sweetheart.  I can't believe she is almost 5 already!!  When I got pregnant with her, it was a surprise (not an accident, I hate it when people say that!)  We had planned on waiting till I was done with school, which I had 2 years left.  Then all of a sudden I started feeling sick and it wouldn't go away.  At first I just thought I was coming down with something.  Then one day I was talking to my mom and I told her I hadn't been feeling good the past few days and she told me to go take a test.  The thought had never dawned on me that I would be pregnant, but lo and behold there were 2 pink lines.  Even though we weren't planning on her, I am so glad she came when she did.  She has brought so much joy to our lives and I couldn't imagine it without her.  She is one of the greatest examples to me.  She is always reminding us to read scriptures and say prayers.  She also is a great example of loving those around you, regardless of how they decided to lead their lives.  She is so accepting of everyone!!! I love my little girl!!!  I hope I can have a close relationship with her as she grows and that one day she will consider me not just her mom, but her friend. 

3 comments:

Laura said...

She reminds me of someone I know.... :) What a cute girl.

Laura

Megan said...

I remember when you were 'sick' and then found out you were prego. lol. Good times :) Man, time has gone by way too quickly! I can't believe that was 5 years ago. And that last picture is AWESOME, by the way :)

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing you guys in Cafe Rio right after she was born... it seems like yesterday! Has it really been 5 years? She is a doll!!