Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Disney on Ice

On Friday we got to take the kids to "Disney on Ice: Worlds of Fantasy."  I have been wanting ot go see a Disney on Ice show for awhile and when this one came to town, featuring Tinkerbell, I figured it would be the perfect one to go to.  Brenna LOVES Tinkerbell!!
So once we were on our way down, I realized I left my camera at home.  Boo!!  But I did have my cell phone, which has a camera so I was ble to capture a few pictures.  Now, my cell phone camera isn't the best and when it was dark all you would see was the spotlights on the skaters, not the skaters. 

The show opened with Mickey and Minnie driving around, then their car breaks down.  Who better to the rescue than Mater and the gang?! 

Ian was completely entranced by the cars!  He loved them!!!  But as the show started winding down, so did he.......
This was Ian by intermission.  I guess all the excitement wore him out.

Before the show they had a little pre-show where you could see the Disney Princesses in their dresses.  They made it sound like you would get to see most of the princesses, but they only had 2.  They had all the dresses on display, just not the princess inside them.  I was disappointed.  But we still got pictures of the ones that were there.  They had Cinderella, and Princess Tiana (from Princess and the Frog).  Brenna was excited to see them though.

"I was just chewed out by a guy with a lisp"

As most of you know, my hubby can be a trouble maker sometimes.  As we were waiting to get in, we were downstairs by the ticket office, inside.  The upstairs doors were still locked.  So Jason decided to go up in the elevator.  We get up there and then this little old lady chews us out as soon as the elevator doors open that we can't be there and blah blah blah.  So we go back down and wait patiently to get in.  Once inside, we had a bunch of time to waste waiting for the show to start.  They had a bunch of the seats behind the stage empty so Jason decided to go explore.  He went over to the seats that overlook the back of the stage.  He was showing Brenna the cars and stuff back there when one of the workers, the one who shows where your seat is, came over to him and started chewing him out.  Now, I don't want to offend anyone, but how serious can you take someone chewing you out when they have a serious lisp?  It was kinda funny.

This was me trying to take a picture of me and my cute girl together.  I look really weird and if you look at my teeth I almost look like I have vampire fangs.  I guess I'm getting into the "Twilight" craze =)
Here was Brenna's favorite part of the show!  Tinkerbell!!  You can kinda see Tink in the middle, skating with Terrance(Tink's fairy friend)  The whole second half of the show was dedicated to Tinkerbell.  They did a pretty good job of it.  You can tell though that some of the skaters aren't professionals.  Since the Olympics just happened and I like to watch the figure skating I was still in that mode a little.  They did a pretty good job though.  The girl who portrayed Tink is from Utah and we met her Grandma.  She was so proud of her.
Here is Jason and Ian hanging out.  I didn't think Jason would have a good time, since he loves figure skating so much (insert the very heavy sarcasm with that remark).  But he had a good time.

This was a fun, family time.  It has been awhile since we've gone to something as a family.  We all had fun!!!

1 comment:

The Hodsons said...

Fun family outing!!! I can't wait to take my kids there some day :) The picture of him all tuckered out is darling!