Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Place Continued

This is the outside of our townhouse.  Ours is the door open.  I know it doesn't look like it would have a lot of room, but they do. 

So now we've been in our new place for a few days and I have everything unpacked. Yay!! Our living room is pretty much set up. I love having room for all our stuff, especially our big huge couch that is so comfy...at least it was when we had it in Logan but I haven't had a chance to really sit down and relax on it yet. Our room will be done in the next day or two. Our dresser broke so we had to get a new one and they're delivering it today so as soon as I get it I can get to work. We don't have TV set up yet, which hasn't been as bad as I thought. It's been kinda nice to not have that distraction. Maybe that's why I've gotten so much done the past few days. Now I just have to call the school and figure out what needs to be done to get Brenna ready and registered for preschool, figure out what time and where church is on Sunday, and wait for the post office to hurry and get our keys to our mailbox, and then I might be set for a little while.





Here is my kitchen and dining room area.  It's bigger than it looks.  I'm still trying to figure out some cute decorations for the walls in the dining area (you can't see them in the picture)

This is our back wall decorations.  I need to add something else to the "Family" sign but I can't figure out what.  If you have any ideas, let me know.

I got Brenna's room all decorated and it looks so cute!! I think I'm reliving my childhood through her since I never got a cutsie decorated room I'm doing it with her.
This is the Brenna's room.  If you disregard the mess, it is pretty cute.  It was clean yesterday when I did all the decorations, but between her and Ian playing, it's not so clean anymore.  She has a ton of carebears that I need to figure out what to do with.  We have a hanging net but it keeps falling down.  I don't want a ton of holes in the walls so we tried putting it up with the hooks you stick to the wall and they didn't work so well.  as soon as I figure out the carebear situation her room will be done.  yay!!!

This is our nice, big, comfy couch!  I love it!!  At our old apartment in Logan it was too big for our living room so we had to take the center piece out.  It's so nice to have it all in one piece.
This is our fireplace.  Jason was excited for that.  He's wanted one ever since we moved to Utah, and now we get one right as the weather is turning nice and we won't need it.  oh well.
This is my little guys room. It's not finished yet. Ian's room so far just has some cool curtains....I'm not as creative with boys rooms. I have some Transformer decals to put on the walls and I want to put a cool vinyl quote(haven't decided which yet) on the wall so that'll spruce it up a bit.  I'm much better with girlie decorations than boys so anyone who has little boys...any ideas would be great but I usually don't go for character themed room since kids interests change so quickly.  I don't want to be changing everything in a few months.

It funny that the kids have their own rooms but most of the time they are still playing with each other in the other room.  Ian loves to go in Brenna's room.  If her door is shut, he knocks on it and yells at her until she opens it.  They have lots of fun playing together.  I hope that us having our own space with helps us grow closer as a family and get our butts in gear about eating dinner together as a family, at a table, having FHE, and getting along better.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for getting a new place and getting it all unpacked and what not. Go you! Forget about TV as a distraction. If someone took away this dang computer, I am SURE I would get a lot more done. lol. Evan's room is a Dr. Seuss theme. I figure it will be a 'theme' he could grow with. Heck, his sister likes it more than he does. But when he does outgrow it, all I have to do is take the vinyl off the wall and change the pictures hanging. Basically everything else is temporary (sheets, pillows, etc) and Ross wants to do a race car theme then, of course. Boys!

Audrey Cornelius said...

Yea Trinity! That's really exciting. You will love living on your own again. It makes a huge difference to have some special space for just your little family. Definitely do get started on FHE every Monday. The nursery manual is a great, easy way to get started. It already has lesson ideas, activities, and crafts set up to go. I love the decorating. You will have a lovey home. Hopefully I'll get to stop by and see it this summer when we come and visit.
Happy Unpacking!