Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-or-Treat, Smell My Feet!!!


Of course we took Brenna trick-or-treating. She had so much fun!!! The businesses in Morgan have the kids come trick-or-treating early in the afternoon so we took Brenna around to that. She got lots of good candy. The city was sponsoring a little carnival and a bunch of activities all night so we stopped by for the constume contest. All the little girls in Brenna's age category were dressed as cutsie witches, fairies, or princesses. And then we had Bumblebee. She was so cute, I mean cool!! But I guess the judges like the boring ol' cutsie stuff instead of little girls who didn't want to be like all the other girls. The winners were a fairy and a princess....who didn't see that one coming. I was disappointed. I thought that with constume contests the winners were usually unique and not dressed in the same costume as everyone else. Oh well....I know who the real winner was. After that we went to the trunk-or-treat and Brenna scored some more candy. By the end of the night she could only drag her bag....luckily we emptied it before we went to the trunk-or-treat. Brenna had so much fun this year for Halloween. I loved watching her face light up when she got a treat and when someone said something about her being Bumblebee. I admit, I tried to get her to dress as a witch or a fairy but she wanted nothing to do with it. She wanted to be a transformer. Way to go Brenna for not giving into pressuer from others. I hope she'll always be like that and stick to what she wants and not what others want. I hope she'll always not be afraid to be herself, even if it's not the same as what everyone else, may she always dare to be different.

1 comment:

Audrey Cornelius said...

I'm glad you had such a fun Halloween! Transformers are pretty cool.