Monday, August 29, 2011

Do I really have a 1st grader?

Brenna started first grade last week =)  She was so excited to go back to school.  I wish that enthusiasm would last the rest of school.  I think she's going to have a great teacher this year.  Brenna got sick last Thursday and couldn't go to school and her teacher called to check on her, not the school, her actual teacher. That shows a lot of caring.  She is going to learn a lot this year and she's excited to have 2 of her friends from church in her class, plus the girl that was the first person to be friends with her when we moved here last year, and one of the boys that was on her soccer team.  It's bittersweet her going back.  I loved having her home with me in the summer, at least most the time.  Ian is going to be lost without his "best friend" around to play with so I'm going to have to do some playdates with other kids.  
Here's to another great school year =)

No comments: