Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The life and times of a teenaged 4-year old

I don't know what's been going on with Brenna lately, but it's like she's a teenager. If it's like this now, I don't know if both of us will survive when she is actually one. She has been throwing fits about the tiniest things like what shoes to wear or what shirt to wear. The sad/funny thing is is that she's the one who picks out her own clothes so she gets mad at herself when she doesn't like what she picks. She's also been going through this indecisive stage. She won't make up her mind about anything and then when we try to help or decide for her she gets mad. She'll then cry and say, "Mom, how can you do this to me?" She has turned into a very independent little stinker. She doesn't like to listen, she likes to do it herself. I think I spend most of the day repeating myself of telling her to stop doing something. It's almost like she's going through the terrible two's. From the outside looking in this would all be very funny, I know I would think it was funny if it was someone else's child. Hopefully this is just a stage....and a very short one. a lot of it is probably stemming from having to share attention with her brother, but I try to do some activities with her that give her a little extra attention. There is a ceramic studio down in Ogden that we have gone to a few times to paint and she loves it! It's called Color Me Mine and it's on the 25th street in Ogden if you want to check it out.
Other than her meltdowns lately she has been doing good. She LOVES preschool! I love how much she is learning from her teacher. I love it that her teacher teaches not only preschool stuff but she teaches church stuff too. She learned about prayer today and made a prayer book to remind her how to say her prayers. It is so reassuring that she has a teacher that teaches her the same standards and doctrines we are trying to instill in her. Even though she can be a pill sometimes, I love my Brenna Kay to death!!! Even when she has had a rough day of not listening she still finds time to melt my heart and come give me a hug and kiss and say "I love you, Mom." It is so nice to watch her play with her brother and she is such a big helper with him. She loves to play hide-and-seek with him and is constantly trying to make him laugh. She is such a good big sister. She is usually pretty good about sharing her toys with him, but for some reason she doesn't like to share his toys with him. I know she is in that awkward stage where she is learning to be more independent and trying to figure out what she can and can't do without Mom and Dad. She is my sweetheart and I wouldn't trade my sassy little girl for anything.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Gotta love it. I have a feeling that Annabelle will be following in her footsteps. I hope it means if I have a rambunctious toddler that I will have a really good teenager. One can hope, right?! Good luck to you! :)