Friday, March 20, 2009

Too sleep or not to sleep.....

Little Ian has decided that 1 or 2 in the morning is the perfect time to be awake and wanting to play.....mommy doesn't agree with that decision. About a week ago he tricked me by only waking up once or twice for a few nights in a row....but then he changed his mind and decided that 5 or 6 is a better number. Last night he was being a real stinker and would wake up everytime we put him down in the bassinet. I even tried turning on the vibrating part of it, I put him the swing, let him sleep naked (he loves being naked....he'll have a fun summer!), and I even let him lay with me put he was still very restless. He likes to do this at least a couple times a week.....hopefully he won't be like his sister and never sleep through the night. I think she slept through the night once before she was 2. so if anyone has any good ideas to try, I'm all ears.

My computer is being funky right now so I can't post any pictures but I have some cute ones from St. Patrick's Day. Jason's parents sent some cute little shirts for the kids so of course I have pictures of them. Hopefully I'll be able to get them posted soon.

Life has been kinda hectic in our life for the past couple weeks. My sister just moved back to Utah and is staying at our house/my dad's house. That house is crowded with just us and you add 4 more people to the mix and it is bursting at the seams. It is nice being able to spend time with her and my niece and nephew but I miss the quiet and we had jsut started getting a routine with Brenna and Ian going, especially with nap times, and that has kinda gone out the window. Oh well.....we'll get back on track here in a week or two. Anyway...that is our update for right now and I will post pictures as soon as I can. Don't forget to leave any advice.

3 comments:

Megan said...

That's rough. Well, anything that interferes with sleep is rough for me...so why I am having another child, I am not quite sure. I wish I had some awesome tips, but I remember after I fed Anna I would just hold her and watch 'Friends' and she usually fell asleep after one episode. LOL. After a couple of weeks I would just lay her in her crib and she would just lay there and fall asleep. But before that I remember trying all sorts of stuff with her - walking REALLY slow on the treadmill while holding her, sitting by the furnace (she would fall asleep cause it was kind of like white noise) pretty much anything. Man we get desperate for sleep huh? Haha. Sorry I am not much help. Just make sure you don't get in the habit of something like rocking them to sleep or taking them for drives so that you aren't stuck doing it every time you try and put them down. My sister did that. No es bueno. Good luck!

Keri said...

Aidan didn't sleep through the night till like 1 year old or older. I hate it!!! Then you hear that people's 2 months old are sleeping through the night and it makes you want to pull THEIR hair out! I'm sorry, I have no real luck or tricks either. hang in there!

Audrey Cornelius said...

Hang in there Trin! You are doing great! Getting your little guy to sleep through the night is hard until they are over 6 weeks old. The best solution to sleep problems at night I found is to make sure they have a set schedule all day and you don't wait until they are overly tired to lay them down. When they aren't getting enough sleep it actually causes their sleep patterns to become more restless and harder to achieve long periods of rest. Good luck!