Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pictures and Ian update

Here are the pictures from the cute St. Patrick's Day shirts Jason's parents got for the kids. His parents usually send something for each holiday. They usualy put Brenna's name on the box and she gets so excited because she has mail (so easy to please her). For Valentine's Day they've sent cookie decorating stuff and for Halloween she's gotten Halloween books and treats. I think it's a great idea that they do that, that way they show their love all year long and not just on birthdays or Christmas.

This was Brenna's shirt. She was so excited to wear it because it was sparkly!
"Mommy's lucky charm" This was Ian's shirt. He is definately my lucky charm. That little roll of skin you see about his shirt, that's his double chin. He's turning into a chunky little guy, but he's still adorable!!!



Little Ian had his 2-month check up on Monday. He is 11 lbs. 2 oz and 22
inches long. He has grown a lot!!! he has almost doubled his weight now. Yay!! He is holding his head up pretty good now and loves to lay on me or Jasonon our chest and then he pushes himself up so he can watch us. He is smiling all the time with the biggest grins. That little smile is going to get him out of trouble and in trouble (out of trouble with me and in trouble with the ladies when he's older). Whenever he smiles he looks like he is going to bust out in a laugh, but not yet. He has giggled in his sleep a few times and we're jsut waiting to hear it when he's awake. I can't wait. We ahve discovered that he is definately a morning person. Right when he wakes up is when he is the happiest. I am happy to report that he has been sleeping a little bit better the past few nights. we have been laying him on his side with the blankets tucked around him and that has beenworking pretty good. Let's cross our fingers that it keeps working and soon he'll sleep all night long, or least for 5 or 6 hours in a row. Brenna is sstill doing so good a beinga big sister. She loves to help with her brother. If I am busy doing something and he starts crying she'll come tell me and then she'll go talk to him and try and get him to not cry and if that doesn't work she tries to put his pacifier in his mouth. She is such a ig helper!! She has grown up so much the past few months. She's nto so little anymroe and she's well on her way to turning into a little lady. I can't believe that she's almost 4 already. I'm not old enough (mature enough) to have a 4 year old. I really don't know what I would do without her. Whenever I feel sad she always comes up to me and gives me a hug and tells me it will be okay and that she's here and she'll never leave me. When she does something sweet like that it just makes me want to cry more, but for a different reason. I have been so incredibly blessed to have these two little munchkins in my life. I don't know what I did to deserve them, but it must have been something I did in the premortal life because I can't think of anything I've done here to merit such a blessing. Without them right now, and my wonderful hubby of course, I would be lost.
My sister has been staying with us for the past few weeks and it has made me even more thankful for the choice I made 12 years ago to join the Church. She has made a lot choices in her life that haven't been exactly the wisest and is currently struggling with a drinking problem. It is tearing apart her relationship with her kids and the rest of us. I am so thankful for the council of lprophets that help guide and direct our lives and if we follow what we say me can avoid hardships like that. I am also thankful that I have a husband who holds and honors the priesthood and covenants he has made with our HeavenlyFather. I never have to worry about when he has to stay late at work what the real reason is, I know it is really to work. I have seen how distrust can ruin a relationship and I am so glad I don't have to worry about that in my marriage.
Sorry that this is such a long and wordy post, I promise to have some more fun pictures soon. With some things that have been going recently around me I just have to express my gratitude to everyone and my Heavenly Father for all I have. I am truly blessed with my little family.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I love celebrating holiday's again now that I have a child. They get so excited over the littlest things and it is fun to see their faces light up. And aren't grandparents great?! I am glad Ian is sleeping a little better - hopefully he continues to do so for you. Sleep is oh so important!

Keri said...

You are blessed and have come such a long way. It's good to hear how great things are going - your kids are adorable!

Audrey Cornelius said...

Love the t-shirts! Your sweet little ones have some great grandparents on both sides of the family. That is a fun tradition they have set up to send a care package for each holiday. It will build some happy memories. :) Hang in there babe! You are amazing!

The Hodsons said...

Your kids are so cute, and I love the St. Patty's tees. It's also so nice to hear your testimony.