Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I am a slacker!

I have been a total slacker about posting this summer!  It's been a crazy summer though.  I was taking online classes through Weber State (Chemistry, Physiology, Geology, public speaking)  They kept me pretty busy. This summer totally flew by too!!  I want a redo!!  I didn't get to d any of the fun stuff I had planned to do.  Darn classes!  But I think the kids had a lot of fun just being able to hang out and relax.  We went swimming a few times, they played in the sprinklers outside, went to the park a few times.  We didn't get much of a chance to do a sumemr vacation but we did go up to Idaho in July and see some of our best friends, Alan and Kanani.  We stayed a night with them and the kids loved playing.  One really exciting thing is that we found out we are having a little girl.  ( I posted all of that stuff on facebook and totally forgot to blog about it).  I go in December 4th for my c-section and then we'll have our little Sophie join the family.  We haven't decided on a middle name yet.  I am super excited for another girl.  When I was going through some of Brenna's old baby stuff it felt like Christmas again.  I forgot how many cute dresses and shoes she had.  I love that I can reuse them.  But poor Ian....gets to be tortured by sisters the rest of his life....I think he'll handle it.  Brenna is way excited for a sister and doesn't even mind that she has to share her room now.  Speaking of which, I ahve been repainting and switching the kids bedrooms this week.  Ian's old room was just a little bigger and better arranged for bunk beds so I turned that into the girl's room.  I am almost done with teh painting in Ian's new room so as soon as everythingis situated i will post some pictures.  Just a word of advice to everyone.....don't undertake painting 2 bedrooms when you are 6-months pregnant.....not the easiest thing to do.  But luckily I got to use my husbands spray gun for one of the rooms and that made it a ton easier because I was on the verge of tears (darn hormones!) because it seemed like a bunch of things kept happening to get in the way.  

Here are a few pictures from this summer:
This was on the 4th of July.  We went to wyoming and hung out with Jason's cousin Amber and her family.  The kdis had fun shooting guns, riding 4-wheelers, playing in the dirt, and having fun with their cousins.

Ian got to hold a snake at the fair.  He was soooo excited to hold it by himself.  no fear in this child.

When it's just too hot for just a popsicle....you eat it in a pool of water.

We went to East Canyon and the kids had lots of fun swimming in the mud.....forget the lake....they had more fun in the mud pit =)


Hanging at the beach with Sasha =)

No comments: