Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter Fun

(you might need to grab a snack, and sit back and relax, there's alot of pictures =)

We took a vacation this and it so happened it was Easter weekend that we were gone.  Luckily, we got to spend it with Jason's parents and some of our bestest friends, the Wilson.  The kids got to wake up Saturday morning and see what the Easter Bunny brought.  Kanani and I hid around 150 eggs (holy cow!) the night before.  But in our defense it was for 5 kids.  Early in the morning, I hear giggling and feet scampering.  I opened the door and Brenna, Jamison, and Tyson were already getting the good.  I told them they had to wait for Kanani to wake up before getting all the eggs.  It was an excruciating 15 minutes and finally Jamison gave up and went and woke his mom up.  Then the kids were able to go crazy and find the eggs.  Now the hard part began.....keeping Ian out of the candy so that he would eat breakfast, which was at McDonald's (I know, so healthy).  Then it was off to another Easter Egg hunt.  Jason's parent's neighbor was doing one.

Ian was so excited to find the eggs.  They limited all the kids to 12 eggs, which I think is a fabulous idea so that all the kids got some.  I think Ian would have been one of the egg hogs. 

I love the look on her face.  She was ready to go!!  She was so excited that I think she ran right past a bunch of eggs so I had to go help her.


She was searching =)  I think she would have been one of the ones with too little eggs if they hadn't regulated it.  she spends so much time running around, dancing, being excited, and jumping around that most the eggs are already found by the time she starts.  Funny girl!
Yes, that is bacon hanging out of his mouth.  He was running out like that and now he has become obsessed with bacon.

She is such a little poser!  Love that girl to death!!!

This is Tyson, Brenna, Jamison, and the little one is Kona.  The boys argue over who is going to grow up and marry her.  Either way, I will be happy since I love those kids to death and I know she'll have some great in-laws (Alan and Kanani).

He was having fun playing on the rock =)


Later that afternoon, we went over to Jason's parents and played and dyed some Easter eggs.  I think I ended up doing most of it and having more fun then the kids.  Peggy, Jason's mom, got these cool rub on tattoos for the eggs that I hogged.



I think this was the only picture I got with her the whole trip.

Forgive the goofy picture, but once again, one of the only pictures with me in it with one of the kids.

Sunday morning we went over to Jason's parents before church and discovered that the Easter Bunny had forgotten to leave some stuff Saturday so it asked if it could leave some at grandma and grandpas house =)  That sneaky rabbit also hid all the eggs that we(I) dyed the day before.  So the kids got have yet another hunt.  They had 3 egg hunts!!

Ian was so proud of himself when he found the eggs.

Brenna was excited too =)

He was showing me the shovel he got...that's the green blur.

Showing off her gloves =)
The kids got these cute little gardening bags that had shovels, rakes,  and gloves.  Plus lots of candy and a few little toys.  They were so excited to be able to "garden" now.  Where they got the idea that we are going to, is beyond me.  My version of gardening was I pulled the grass out of the patch in front of our house, sprinkled some wildflower seeds and then hoped they would grow (which a few are, yay!)
After church we had a special FHE that talked about the true meaning of Easter.
So, all in all, the kids had a good Easter.  We had fun hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa =)  It was also so nice to hang out with Alan and Kanani and their boys.  They are some of our best friends and our kids are all the same age.  Kona and Ian were actually due on the same day.  They live in St. George, which is where Jason wants to move eventually so in a few years we'll be able to hang out with them lots more!!!

The next round of vacation pics will come soon =)

No comments: