Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Ian!!!!!!

I can't believe my little guy is already 2!!  Where has the time gone?  He loves Buzz Lightyear so we threw him a Buzz party.  
 My cake didn't turn out quite like i wanted. It was supposed to be gray, but somehow when I mixed black food coloring with white frosting, it made purple.  Then I went to smooth the frosting and put craters to make it look kind of like a moon, and the frosting didn't cooperate and look like craters.  Oh well.  It still had Buzz on it so he was happy.
The cupcakes turned out pretty cute though =)

We had lots of family and friends come celebrate with us.  There were lots of kids playing.  I had a few games for the kids to play, but they were more occupied with playing with each other and playing outside.   I was a slacker ad forgot to take pictures of everyone playing, but I did snap some shots of him opening presents.



He got very spoiled from everyone!  He got lots of Buzz stuff, coloring stuff, puzzles, clothes, and toys.  Lucky boy!!

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!"
This is the shot I got of him when I wouldn't let him grab his cake before we sang to him.  He actually blew the candle out himself too!  After he was done, he tried to shove his own face into the cake.  I caught him before he could....I didn't want to clean up that mess.

It was a fun day  to spend with everyone!  My little guy is growing so much!  He is definitely our little character.  He pulls the craziest of faces when he gets excited over something.  He is such a goofy little guy. I can't wait to see how much he changes this next year.  It's a good thing Jason works at the hospital, just in case have to make trips there since he has no fear!  He is doing so good at talking now.  We can understand most of what he says and he's talking in sentences now.  Except when he gets really excited, then his voice gets high and squeaky and gibberish comes out.  So cute.  His favorite things right now are typical boy things: Cars, tools, Buzz Lightyear, coloring, books, movies, and dinosaurs.  His favorite foods are cheese, fruit snacks, hot dogs, and pizza.  He loves to follow his sister around and do everything she does.  He loves playing outside.  He loves to play with Sasha, at least until she tries to get his "bobo" (his blanket).  We are getting ready to start his potty training soon.  He's gone #2 on the potty a few times, so now we need to get him to go #1.  He loves to sit on the potty, but doesn't really do anything yet.  Now that life is settling down I can really start working with him on it.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is awesome about the potty training! Hopefully that will be smooth sailing! Those cupcakes turned out super cute! Happy Birthday Ian!