Sunday, October 31, 2010

Could you resist if the devil were this cute?

 How many souls do you think these cuties could get?  i know or Halloween you're supposed to dress as something you want to be or whatnot, but I decided this year to let out true natures come out.

I never get a picture of Jason smiling! Okay, so he's cheesing it, but I'll take what I can get.  Ian kept wanting to run and play in the grass so Jason had to hold him back.  Two out of 3 smiling isn't bad.



Love the grumpy face.  Totally suites him in his costume/ =)
Me and my favorite girl!


 Me and my favorite guy!

Here's my cute girl strutting her stuff in her Halloween parade at school.
Here is Brena with a bunch of her friends at her kindergarten party.
 Of course Ian had to be a helper at the party.  He  whole time and was a stinker the whole time and kept trying to get into everything.

 Love this picture of the 2 best men (boys) in my life.  
We went to a carnival and they were doing a cakewalk and Ian wanted to "dance."  so cute!!  He was entertaining everyone with his mad dancing skills, but sadly I don't think he'll ever make it on "So You Think You Can Dance."

Here is Brenna doing her cake walk.  She won a strawberry zinger.  yum!

 The true nature of us =)  I guess Jason has his hands full....but he has a devilish nature of his ow so I think he can deal with it.
I don't know what it was but the kids seemed to be embracing their costumes a little too much this week and were being little devils.  It was either the rainy weather or the costumes.  Hopefully now they'll be back to normal.  We had a fun Halloween this year.  I kept the kids busy this week with all sorts of Halloween stuff.  We went to a w trunk-or-treats, but 2 of them were lame because everyone brought their kids but nobody brought any candy to share.  I at least brought a few bags, they ran out quick, because of all the kids, but I at least contributed something.  One thing that irks me is when people just bring their kids without dressing up.  I'm not saying go and buy a costume, but at least do something. Wrap them in tinfoil and call them a leftover, let them dress up in your clothes and they can pretend to be mom or dad, how hard is that, but at least do something.  I love Halloween, but it seems to me that people are getting lamer.  It used to be about what kinds of costumes you could come up with, how much fun you could have, and just pretending to be someone else or a day. Now it's and excuse for girls to dress like a $2 hooker and get away with it and for kids to mooch of everyone they can.  I love dressing my kids up and spending time having fun with them, but I'm not sure how much longer Halloween will be a fun holiday to celebrate.  But at least we had fun =)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I couldn't agree more about the giving out candy. Give some, get some. Right?! I know some people think it is ridiculous when teen agers knock on their door and want candy. If they are dressed up, I say fair game. At least they aren't out terrorizing people.

Audrey Cornelius said...

I think the mustache makes Ian's costume perfection! Love the pics!