Saturday, September 25, 2010

ROAR!!!!!

I have been wanting to take the kids to the Dinosaur park all summer and haven't.  I had some tickets for free kids admission but when we had to get something fixed in my jeep they took them out and didn't put them back in the door.  Grr!!!  Well, today they were doing a free admission day and since I'm a cheapskate, I took the kids today =)
Ian was so excited to see the dinosaurs!  Everytime he saw one, he would yell "Dinosaur! roar!"  He has become obsessed with them lately.

Brenna, on the otherhand, not so thrilled to see dinosaurs.  She gets freaked out at new things sometimes and she was not liking this.  The part that scared her the most was the dinosaurs that had speakers by them that made noises.  Am I such a mean mom for making her come along anyway even though it scared her?

Even the big bad Allosaurous didn't phase him =) (at least I think that was an allosaurous)
He loved being able to get close to this one.  He was even petting it.  
I love this one because he's carrying a lunch bag, and the dinosaur looks like it's getting ready to have him for lunch.  Good thing the starachosouroursjklsdfhaslojfh (i give up on spelling them) is an herbivore.
Brenna didn't want to get close but she wanted to take a picture of us.  Finally, I have a picture with one of my kids at an activity that we go to that I'm not taking myself. =)

Brenna finally got over her fear of the dinos once she found the little ones that weren't so scary.  After that, she had no problem.  Until she ran into the Halloween decoration the park had up.  There was a little cave with an allosaurous fossil in it, and in the back of the cave there was a skeleton and a coffin....that really freaked her out.


Hopefully next time we go she won't be such a fraidy cat now that she's seen it.  Let's cross our fingers cause I got some more coupons and I want to take them again =)

No comments: