Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tree house Museum

Since Saturday was such a yucky day with all the rain and wind, we needed something to do inside.  I had my niece and nephew so we needed something to occupy us all.  The Treehouse Museum was doing a free day so I thought, why not give it a try?  Brenna went there the other day with one of her friends and had a blast so I figured we could all go.  They had a blast!
I didn't get very many pictures of Brenna because her and Makayla went off and did their own thing for a little while, all I know is that they had fun.  Brenna got to pretend to be an astronaut. 


My next stop was the medieval exhibit.  Ian was loving it!  When I put him on the throne he thought he was the coolest thing ever!  He was even more excited to find the giant chess board with chess pieces as big as him that he could pick up and move.  He had lots of fun with that!!

Here is my little princess!!!!  I sure love this cute girl!
Here is my nephew, Jaydon, thinking he's all cool and studly (which he is =)  )

Ian also loved the doctor/baby nursery exhibit.  He saw the babies and went running.  he picked them up and gave them hugs and then had to feed them.  He was taking such good care of those babies.  He loves to look at babies everywhere we go and he is so good to be soft with them.  He will make such a good big brother one day (not any day soon though).
Don't you love the look on his face?  We were making bird puppets in the Art Gallery.  He usually loves to color, paint, and draw.  He was more interested in running around and seeing what else he could discover there.
Here is my wonderful niece, Makayla.  She was trying to be all shy and not let me take a picture, but I got her, sorta.  She is such an awesome girl!!  Whenever she is around she helps me so much with Brenna and Ian

It's a toss up as to which one of them is the madder of madhatters.
These kids are so great!  I love how much they help me.  They have grown up a lot, especially the past few months.  They have gone through and are going through a lot and they are such strong kids.  I am so glad we have them back in Utah again.  Love you guys!!!


I may have some future bull riders on my hands.  The had lots of fun riding the bulls.  The even bucked a little.  I think it bucked a little too hard for Ian because he slid off and luckily me and Jaydon caught him in time.


Brenna loves to play school so the little schoolhouse was perfect for her!  She stood in front of the desks, wrote her name on the chalkboard and said "I am Ms. Brenna."  It was so cute!!

If the rodeo doesn't work out I think firefighting will work great!  Brenna loved dressing in the whole outfit and driving the truck and making siren noises.  Ian has been obsessed with hats lately so he loved wearing the firefighter hat.  He loved driving the truck.  He would have played on that thing for hours but I finally had to drag him off, literally kicking and screaming, because other kids wanted a chance to play on it. 

They had a cool cow there that that you could milk.  I think it was just colored water that came out but it was pretty neat, especially since Brenna had just gone to a dairy farm a few weeks ago.  She thought it was neat that she got to actually "milk" a cow.

Here is the whole gang.  Sorry the picture is so weird.  None of the others looked this grainy.  Oh well.  They had lots of fun!
We had a great time going though.  I think I will take them back again next month when they do their free day again (I'm cheap and don't want to pay if I don't have to).  It was a great way to spend a rainy, windy day.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I still can't believe I haven't been to the treehouse since I was a kid. Though, so many people post about it, I feel like I have been there and seen all the exhibits ;) It looks so awesome. Glad you guys had a good time.

And way to go Brenna for graduating!