Sunday, December 27, 2009

Time for presents!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!


Brenna had a pretty good Christmas. She was excited to see all the presents under the tree. She got lots of cute clothes (of course they were cute since I picked them out). She got an Easy-Bake Oven, a camera, a scooter, some baking stuff to bake muffins with me, new shoes, and of course she got her Bumblebee voice mixer mask.

This is her face when she saw the mask. She was super excited!!!! But that excitement was short-lived. We took it out of the box and went to put it on her so she could go crazy with it and it totally freaked her out! She screamed and wanted nothing to do with it. So we took it back to the store and she picked out a piano and Tinkerbell Hobbyhorse hopper. What a silly girl! The one thing she kept asking for Christmas, she ended up not wanting. Oh well.



I was super excited for Ian's first Christmas. Especially since he loves to shred paper. Just look at the look of joy and concentration on his face. Once he got the paper off enough of the presents andsaw that they were toys he could play with, he was done with the paper and wanted to play. He didn't even open the rest of presents (pretty much just clothes anyway), he just wanted to play with his toys...but can you blame him? They must seem pretty exciting for an almost one-year old. He did a good job opening the ones he did.

Jason had a fun Christmas too. He was just like a little kid. He got toys!! I got him a NerfBlaster gun that he can go crazy with the kids. He also got a really cool remote control car that spins, twists, lights up, does cool tricks, and that Ian has a blast chasing.

Jason wanted one of the old-school Transformers that really transforms. I got him an Optimus Prime one that changes into the truck. Jason got to work figuring it out. He has more patience than I do, I wouldn't be able to twist all the little wheels, mirrors, doors, and everything else to get it to fit just right.

Of course there are no pictures of me on Christmas since I was the one doing the picture taking...that's okay...I don't mind. Seven a.m., no make-up, hair not done, wearing sweats....not a good picture-taking look for me. I got a food dehydrator, cooking/kitchen stuff, perfume-Escada- that we have been looking for for 3 years now, and some lotion/perfume from Victoria Secret- Lovespell. I guess Jason wants me to be in the kitchen, but smelling good.

All-in-all, I think we had a good Christmas this year. It was a blast watching the kids open presents. Our power went out on Christmas Eve, which was a blessing in disguise. We got to spend time as a family, read stories, talk about the meaning of Christmas, and not be distracted by T.V. and whatnot. Brenna is finally grasping the meaning of Christmas, that it is not about a fat man in a red suit.

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!!!!!

No comments: