Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The leaves aren't the only things changing.

This tiem of year is one of my favorite times. I love it when it starts to cool off and there's a certain crsipness in the air (and I can wear my favorite outfit, sweatshirt and jeans). I love it when the leaves change color. I love walking through leaves when they're crunchy. I also love it when I drive on the road and there are lots of leaves on the road. I always look in my rearview mirror and watch the leaves float up in the air.
We have lots of leaves in our yard, which means we get lots of leaf piles. Ian and Brenna had fun playing in them.


Brenna loves to bury herself in the leaves and lay in them. Silly girl. She had fun throwing leaves in the air and making her brother laugh.
Surprisingly, Ian didn't try to eat the leaves when I put him the leaf pile. He just sat in them and crushed them in his hands. That is the exact opposite of what he does inside. If he finds a leaf on the floor in the house it goes straight to his mouth.


My little rugrats are growing so fast and they change everyday. I know change is a good thing....but sometimes I want them to stay the way they are forever. I have been so blessed with these 2 little angels (sometimes the horns are holding up the halo). Life is definatley ad adventure with them. I can't wait to see what the future holds for them and what kind of people they are giong to be. I already know they are both going to be very strong-willed and stubborn (any guesses where they get that from?). It doesn't seem like that long ago that we brought Brenna home from teh hospital and then next thing I knew we were bringing Ian home. They make everything worthwhile. (As you can tell this has been a good day and both kids are behaving themselves ;) )


2 comments:

Megan said...

I love Fall too - the sounds, smells, colors and what not. Your kiddos are so cute. I am glad they are behaving and you are having a good day ;) It is nice to have a couple of those squeezed between the other days of craziness. lol.

The Hodsons said...

Now that I'm a mother...I couldn't agree with you more. Kids change so much and so fast...It's wonderful and a little sad too.