Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Fun!!!

We went swimming at the pool at my sister's apartment complex. Ian wasn't a fan of the water because it was a bit cold, but he did take a nice snooze. He looked so cute in his little swim shorts. He reminds me of those guys you see on the beach with no tan and a pot belly but still strutting their stuff. He's going to be a regular beach bum. Hopefully when it's warmer he'll like itmore. He loves playing in his bath water so I'm sure he'll like the pool too.


This was the first time that Brenna got to swim by herself (with arm floaties of course) and she had a blast. She figured out the whole swimming thing pretty good and had no problem propelling herself around the pool. She didn't want to come out of the water once she was in. She kept pretending that we were all different animals and then she would come rescue us. It was so cute. I can't wait till it warms up and she can get a lot more practice in swimming.

Ian doesn't like the sun shining in his eyes so we picked up some cool shades for him. He actually likes wearing them and smiles as soon as we put them on him and doesn't even try to pull them off.

Yummy!!! The past few weeks we've started Ian on baby food, he's been eating cereal for about 2 months now. His favorite is sweet peas. He wolfes down a whole jar of it. He also likes green beans and mixed veggies. I slipped him a taste of my mashed potatoes one day and he couldn't get enough of those. I also let him try some of my banana and boy was he excited for that one. He does really well with eating the baby food and usually doesn't spit it out, except when I took the picture but of course you have to have a messy face when you take a picture of a baby eating.

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a cute lil guy! Today was a nice day so Anna went swimming too and I could not get her out of the pool. Hopefully it will stop raining soon so we can have more days like these!

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

Your kids are adorable! I cannot get over your little guys hair! there is so much of it, but it's so cute!!! And your girl is a doll! Such cute kids. Love the blog!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute! I love reading all your fun updates on how they are doing and seeing all the fun pictures!