Monday, June 15, 2009

Dentist visit


Brenna had to go to the dentist to get some fillings done. She was not a happy camper today. I just barely got her to the point that she was fine having the dentist brush her teeth and now she had have this. She is the type of girl that freaks out at new things so I knew this was going to be a hard thing for her. I was going to stay in the room with her but Ian was fussy so I had to go out so settle him down. I told them when I left the room that she was going to freak out as soon as she heard the drill or they tried anything, but they didn't believe me. I felt so bad for her because I could hear her crying but I couldn't do anything for her. That is the worse thing for a mom, when you hear your child crying and you can't do anything about it. Well, to make matters worse, what started out as just a little filling on one of her back teeth turned into them having to put a cap on it. Poor girl =(. She had a really hard time this morning, not to mention being really out of it from the medicine they gave her that was supposed to calm her down (didn't work too well though). But I am happy to report that she is fine now and she thinks her silver tooth is cool because now she has a pirate tooth in her mouth. I'm just glad it's in the back so you can't see it when she smiles and talks. Hopefully she'll not get freaked out at going to the dentist next time for a check-up.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Anna LOVES the dentist...until he actually comes into the room to look at her teeth. LOL. Having fillings done on a child is no fun. My sisters little boy has to have a bunch filled so they are going to sedate him. I am praying the with the anal-ness of me brushing Anna's teeth combined with Ross' good teeth and the fluoride I give her everyday we can avoid them. Cross your fingers for me ;)