Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My How Time Flies!!


Little Ian is already 2 weeks old! Holy Cow!!! He had his 2 week check-up yesterday. When we left the hospital he was 5 lbs 10 oz and 18 inches. He is now 6 lbs. 14 oz. and 20 inches. He's growing like a little weed. He also had his circumcision done yesterday (they don't do it in the hospital that I delivered in). It was heartbreaking hearing him cry. I didn't want to be in there so I went and sat in the waiting room but I could still hear him crying. He was a bit grumpy the rest of the day and wasn't a happy camper when I had to change his little bum. Poor little guy! But I am happy to say he is doing much better today and has been in a very good mood. He is staying awake for longer during the day and trying to make little noises at us. It's adorable.


Brenna has been such a big helper for me. She has been so patient. When I have to feed or change him and she wants something she is really good about waiting for me. She loves to hold her brother and whenever I have him laying on the couch or bed she comes and gives him kisses. Whenever she hears him crying she tries to comfort him. She's such a sweetie. She has adapted to the role of big sister really well.


We loved having Nana and Aunt Tasha visit with us the week after Ian was born. They spoiled Brenna rotten, I think I've finally got her back to normal now ;) It was so nice having them here. I love spending time with them and wish we could all be closer, but at least Tasha and her kids are a bit closer now that she's living in Arizona. Maybe in a few years we'll all be within a few hours of each other since Jason wants to eventually move down south. We weren't that close growing up but now that we're not fighting over who's wearing who's clothes we're all best friends. I don't know what I would do without them. I have a wonderful family who would do anything for you. I love you, Mom and Tasha!!!! Thank you for all your help, even if you did leave me a mess to clean up ;)



Tomorrow Jason's parents are coming to visit so Brenna's going to get spoiled again, so I'll be spending next week getting her back to being my sweet little girl again. Also, one of these days when I get feeling ambitious I'm going to take a bunch of cute pictures of my two little angels so stay tuned for that.

1 comment:

Audrey Cornelius said...

Can you blame the poor little man for being cranky? :) They are some cute kids. I'm happy you are enjoying motherhood!