Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Brenna!!!



My little girl turned 8 this year!!!  Where oh where has the time gone?! She had grown up so fast =(  I sure love this sweet girl though =)  I remember when we were first married and we had talked about having kids, I always wanted a little girl first.  Then when I got pregnant (a year before we planned on having kids...) I was so excited when I found out I was having a girl.  She was such a sweet baby, but definitely had a personality from the get-go.  I have loved watching her grow and develop into a little lady.  She is such a smart girl and loves to read.  She gets that from me.  She loves school and loves her teacher, Mrs. Forsey. She is always excited to learn new things. She is such a friendly girl and will make friends anywhere we go.  I have loved seeing her testimony grow this past year.  It seems like up until the past year, things with church were just stories or pictures to her.  But now she is grasping many of the concepts and gaining an understanding of the principles.  She is definitely ready to take that step of baptism here in a week =)  She is such a good big sister to her brother and sister.  She fights like no other with Ian, but when they are playingnice they have such a fun time.  It will be interesting to see her relationship with Sophie since there is almost 8 years between them, but for right now, Brenna adores her little sister and I have a feeling that Sophie will want to be doing everything her big sister is doing here in not too long.  I know that when Brenna was sent to us, we got one of God's chosen spirit children.   She is already such a great example to those around her and to me.  She teaches me how to be a better person and mom.  I don't always have all the patience and she is quick to forgive when I end up taking it out on her and it's not her fault.  I couldn't ask fr  a sweeter or better daughter.  I am so grateful that I get to call her mine. I am incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful daughter.  I love you, Brenna Kay!!!  You'll always be my baby girl, no matter how old you are =)
This was Brenna on her last day of school this year.  This was her teacher Mrs. Forsey.  She was such a great teacher!!  Brenna will sure miss her.

No comments: