Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Village and Santa

It's become our tradition every year to go to Christmas Village in downtown Ogden and see the lights and the little box/houses they have decorated.  This is the only time of year I will willingly go around 25th in Ogden at night....but that's because there are a ton of other people so I dont' have to worry too much about the :wrong" kind of people.

As we got there, it was right at the time Santa was starting so the line wasn't very long so we hopped in line.  Ususally the line is a mile long so we skip it.  I was excited to let the kids see him here this year.  Especially since when you go to the mall they rip you a new one for taking a picture with your camera and not spending $20 for a picture there.....

It was freezing!  So we bundled the kids in their snow gear to troop around.  They loved seeing the different houses and themes.  There were some that we have seen a few years in a row, like the grinch in jail, the snowmen in the ice cream shop (one is melted), Hansen and Gretel, and the elves fixing Santa's sleigh by putting an engine on it.



This is one of my favorites =)

The kids love this one....the snowman in the middle is melted =)

He never lets me take a picture without pulling a face.

I know, it's blurry....but trying to take a picture of an almost 3 year old....at night....not a good combination =)
Completely mesmerized =)
The reason for the season =)

Once we were frozen through (at least my hand were because of taking pictures because I can't use gloves with a touch screen) We went home and loaded up on hot chocolate with marshmallows =)

The kids had a lot of fun walking around looking at all the lights and everything.  I love that we have our own little family traditions =)



No comments: